As the daughter of a career Air Force officer, Lauren Schieffer grew up being uprooted and relocated every couple of years. This imbued her with a profound independence and ability to adapt to changing circumstances. The lessons she learned from “The Colonel” have helped her make smart decisions and overcome adversity with humility and a sense of humor.
Lauren has navigated just about every aspect of corporate America in her varied career – from trucking to achieving top-tier Sales Director status for a global cosmetics firm to managing a non-profit foundation. Since stepping away from corporate America to work for herself, she has spoken in seven countries to associations, organizations, federal, state and local governments, as well as Fortune 500 companies – helping them improve the effectiveness of their communication and reduce unnecessary conflict.
Her second book, Colonels of Wisdom – A Daughter’s Reflection on Leadership has been lauded as “both inspiring and refreshing with leadership lessons that encourage and challenge the reader to become a better leader.”
Her first book, Road Signs on the High Road of Life has been listed by LifeStyles Magazine in their top ten Best-of for Corporate Gift Giving and is recommended by multiple treatment facilities across the country as a “must-read” for those in recovery.
Able to relate to and energize everyone from the custodial staff to C-Level executives, Lauren Schieffer is a master storytelling, delivering inspirational and relevant content that empowers people to absorb and act upon what they’ve heard, and she does so in an entertaining manner with a dry sense of humor that keeps them chuckling while they’re learning.
She also makes sure to have some fun along the way – because if you can’t have a little fun along the road, why travel it at all?
- The eWomen Network
- City of Kansas City, MO
- City of Gardner, KS
- The American Legion
- The Knights of Columbus
- State Farm Insurance
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- United States Petroleum Institute
- Michigan Technological University
- Kansas Recreational Parks Association
- InterContinental Hotel Group
- Peels Salon Services
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- International Public Managers Association
- Trump Enterprises
- U.S. Dept of Labor
- U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Elections Bureau
- The Veteran’s Administration
- U.S. Marine Corps
LEADING OUT OF DRAMA®
Leading out of Drama® equips you with skills to transform the energy of drama and conflict into meaningful contribution, every day, in every interaction, for powerful personal and professional development. This program can help you create a corporate culture of Compassionate Accountability®.
LOD is designed for flexibility. It can be presented on a conceptual level in a keynote, a more detailed level in a break-out session or, optimally, in a series of workshops digging deep into solidifying the concepts and skills in your employees to really make long-term changes in the effectiveness, cohesion, and productivity of your organization.
SIGNIFICANCE is making every part of the world you touch better for
having interacted with you. It’s about creating a lasting impact and a positive legacy. You will have realized significance when people who describe you are not talking about what you have achieved for yourself but rather what you have accomplished for the benefit of others. Too many of us equate success with significance – or our focus on achieving financial success blinds us to the possibility of creating a life of real meaning. This is a humorous, eyeopening presentation that lifts audiences to a richer, more transcendent vantage from which they can discover the true, rewarding definition of success.
Takeaway Message: This presentation will refocus people’s attention on what’s important and help them to develop an “ownership mindset” built on a culture of trust and continuous interaction.
BEFORE IT COMES TO BLOWS – MANAGING CONFLICT FROM HIGHER GROUND
The most successful and dynamic people (and businesses) learn how to resolve conflict before it starts, and create an atmosphere that fosters understanding and expression.
These skills do not typically come naturally, but they can be learned! Participants will leave this program understanding
- The value of conflict prevention vs. conflict management
- How to function successfully in the midst of on-going conflict
- How to see issues from multiple perspectives
- The difference between reacting and responding in stressful situations
- How to keep their emotions from running the show
- How to find the win-win-win from a well managed conflict
ARE MY CO-WORKERS ALIENS?
Are you getting this?…..
We all have days that we think our co-workers are from another planet. Chances are more likely you aren’t “speaking their language.” Master communicators adapt how they communicate to meet the other at his/her comfort zone.
Attendees of these sessions depart understanding how to meet the listener on their terms not yours and be certain your message is received loud and most of all, clear. (Each can stand alone, or they can be combined into one session)
- Communication Comfort Zones (often referred to as personality types) – when not thinking, when caught off guard or when under stress everyone settles into certain comfort zones in their communication. Flexing your communication to meet them in their comfort zone will help reduce conflict and make everyone more productive.
- Generational Differences – for the first time in American history there are four generations in the workplace, each of which has their own emotional drivers and communication styles. Understand the differences and make them work for you.
- He said, She said – There are real differences in the way men and women approach situations, how they communicate and how they can adapt to meet challenges and solve problems. There are specific techniques that are a MUST when communicating with the opposite sex.
THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD ARE RIGHT!
There are voices in your head! There are voices in everyone’s head. Everyone talks to themselves. What those voices are saying to you is crucial and can be controlled. One of the most important factors in your success is what you say when you talk to yourself. The fact is that what you think about, you bring about.
At the end of this session, attendees will know:
- The relationship between their conscious mind and their subconscious mind
- How the subconscious mind works to create reality
- How to recognize their own self-talk patterns
- How to eliminate negative self-talk patterns that aren’t serving them well
- How to create and implement positive self-talk to replace the negative
- How to change their self-talk habits to create the reality they desire
ARE YOU GETTING THIS? COMMUNICATING FOR RESULTS
The greatest hindrance to growth in any organization, or in any individual career is poor communication, both up and down the ladder. Most people are promoted (or not) based on how they relate to others – not their talent or skill level, and so many projects fail because of lack of – or poor communication. Most people achieve SIGNIFICANCE (or not) based upon how they relate to and communicate with others.
In this signature session, Lauren has steeped down the core competencies of effective, respectful communication into a simple, easy to understand progression of Ten Building Blocks.
Every true master communicator understands certain truths and has core skills that attendees of this session will learn:
- The causes of poor communication
- The toxic results of poor communication
- The goal of all true-master communicators
- The three foundational blocks upon which all the other’s stand
- The six skill based blocks and how to easily master them
- The capstone, tenth block that can garner you influence in any environment